Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weed Trimmer Fuel Line Help Needed

NY

05-04-14, 07:00 PM   #1  
Weed Trimmer Fuel Line Help Needed

Hello all,

I'm interested in getting some opinions on a concern I have. I fix 2 cycle lawn equipment as a hobby and I never seem to have the correct size fuel lines. I have found a very good supplier for 3/16 x 3/32 fuel line, (actual size is 13/64 x 3/32) and it fits many machines but there are some that it doesn't fit. It's mainly some of the inexpensive machines, where the fuel lines run through holes in the fuel tank, that the fuel line won't fit. I could make the fuel line fit these machines and make my life easier in the process, if I slightly enlarged the holes in the plastic fuel tanks. Does anyone see any problems doing this. Thanks for any and all comments. ross

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-04-14, 11:10 PM   #2  
If you keep 3 different sizes in stock, you will have the correct size for nearly everything. Is that too many sizes to stock?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

05-05-14, 07:11 AM   #3  
Cheese, thanks for your response. What are the 3 sizes your referring to and what do you think about my idea?
ross

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-05-14, 09:16 AM   #4  
3/16" OD, 9/64 OD, and .204 OD. These will cover nearly everything that doesn't take pre-molded lines.

I don't like the idea of changing it to your own design. If someone later needs to change them again and uses their model number to order lines, they will be getting the wrong line and may have a leak if you altered it. If that leak causes that person an issue, guess who they might be blaming the problem on?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread