Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Carburator repair kit for Kohler engine on Husqvarna lawn mower

CT

05-07-14, 08:48 AM   #1  
Carburator repair kit for Kohler engine on Husqvarna lawn mower

I've had this Husqvarna 6021p (http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSO/H...en_431621_.pdf) mower for maybe two years. It was stored in a storage unit for a few months (probably not level) with some gas in it (I thought it was empty, it wasn't). It wouldn't start even before being stored. I changed the gas and spark plug and dismantled the bottom of the Carburator to clean it out. Engine oil was clean and level was ok. The engine is a Kohler XT(http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinec..._14_690_01.pdf) and this is the carburator (Amazon.com: Kohler 14-853-49-S Kit,Carburetor: Industrial & Scientific). After reassembling, it still would not start. I assume I didnt clean the carb out well enough (I just cleaned out the bottom which was pretty gunked up, not any of the other ports), but I would like to use a carb repair kit, something like this (Repair Kit 14 757 03-S Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com) but I don't know how to find the proper one.

Additionally, I think the ignition module may not be producing spark, I am doing the test where you ground the spark plug to metal on the engine and turn the flywheel and getting no spark. I can find this piece easy enough, but also wondering if I am doing anything wrong there.

I am a total noob at engines, but I would love to try to fix this myself rather than pay someone or trash the thing.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-07-14, 09:57 AM   #2  
I'd focus on spark before the carb, otherwise how will you know when the carb is clean enough to function properly. Check the kill switch where the deadman bar cable connects. Make sure it is turning the ignition on.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CT

05-08-14, 07:02 AM   #3  
Thanks! Actually I did check again and I am getting spark. So back to the carb I guess.

Search this Thread