Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

what year was my new OLD troy bilt tiller built?

OH

05-14-14, 03:38 PM   #1  
what year was my new OLD troy bilt tiller built?

Hi all,

I acquired an OLD Troy Bilt tiller and was trying to figure what year it was built. The Tiller itself has a serial number of 306048 on the transmission housing. The engine is a Tecumseh HH60 1051C6F SER 7349D. I would like to know what year the engine and tiller were manufactured. Did they come as a pair? Or was the engine replaced? I believe the tiller is early 1970's but actual or at least narrowed dates would be what I want. what date the engine was made and year of the tiller. thanks for your help.

Oh, by the way, I found a Troy Bilt owners manual at a book store. The difference in years makes a difference in how the engine oil is measured and the dipstick has a 97 stamped in it, not what the book says it should be, i.e. 65 or 55 if it is newer then 1972. ???

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

06-29-14, 11:31 AM   #2  
Hello: jdvolmer

Troy tiller is a small engine power equipment. Post moved.

Question has remained unanswered for so long because it was originally posted into the wrong forum. Now posted in the correct forum.

Admin.

FL

06-29-14, 04:23 PM   #3  
Hello,

Judging by the serial number and being stamped in the transmission case along with the engine serial number, I'd say this is a 1977-78 Horse model and they were common to use the HH60 engine therefor I believe it to be original to the tiller.....

Search this Thread