Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

troybilt rider move to slow

IL

05-17-14, 09:59 PM   #1  
troybilt rider move to slow

I got a troybilt rider mower. I dont know anything about mowers. I got this from a neglected owner and the final thing that got him to sell. Was the battery charger was wrong and it blew the acid all over below the battery. Causing belt to get dmg and thin in spots. I dont know the belt name. But i took it to orielys auto. They had a belt same size and just a smuge thiner then one that was on. I put belt on the 3 dollys under the batter. Then put new batter in. And started it to mow. Now it cant make it backwards or forward over the small hill nxt to mower. It goes forward and backwards and everthing works. I think its the belts or dolly cause the cord from somewhere upfront comes to a dolly under the batter meeting the new cord i got. Remember i dont know anything. Havnt change oil or sparkplug or filter or anything. And the mower pretty rusty and ate paint all under the batter. I had to shave and rub rust off. Anyway here my info rider move very slow both directions. Got new 1 new belt under batter. Have done mantence yet. I got a troybilt rider mower. Model #13an77tg766 the seriel #1a047b80127 dom= 1/2007 17.5hp 42in blade thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-18-14, 12:06 AM   #2  
You put the wrong belt on it. You can't just put a belt that's "close" on it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

VA

05-18-14, 03:33 AM   #3  
Belts drive by the friction on the sides of the belt making contact with the tapered part of the pulleys.
Use the wrong width and it's only making contact about 1/4 of what it needs to be to work properly.
FYI that acid needed to neutralized with something like baking soda and water paste or even ammonia or it's going to keep on eating the metal.

Search this Thread