Chore Master pressure Washer - no water flow

Old 05-20-14, 06:07 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Chore Master pressure Washer - no water flow

I have a Chore Master CM-2403 Pressure Washer. It has a heavy axial pump on it. It has B&S horizontal 5.5 hp engine. With the engine off there is little if any water coming out of the pump. The inlet screen is not clogged. I have the pressure hose disconnected. If I connect the hose and run the engine until it chugs, some water will come out at some pressure. I had the pump off and disassembled it. The pistons and piston valves look ok. I suspect either inlet or outlet valves may be the problem although I do not know exactly how they are supposed to work. The unloader valve is always suspect however I didn't think that would affect the water flow when the engine was off. I have removed the unloader valve several times and cleaned it and lubed it. The unloader valve is made up of a few individual parts. The unit is made by Mi T M. There website has a breakdown of the pump parts. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-20-14, 07:45 AM
J
Sorry guys - Behind the Inlet where the garden hose connects is another inlet piece with a heavy mesh screen. It was clogged with rust. I removed and cleaned it and now the pressure washer works like new. I had always shied away from fixing pressure washers in the past. I would tell customers that I don't know how to fix the pump. Although I am far from being an expert, I feel a lot more confident to try and fix them. In the worst case scenario, I got my pump all cleaned, lubed and fresh oil. I have always used B&S pump saver in it. This is the first time I had an issue with it.

Old 05-22-14, 04:13 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
hi all, I'm new to the form. I'm craig

If I can figure out how to do this , it just might be fun.
I have a used pressure washer. It would not run more than 5 min max, but worked good while it ran. I think i got the engine fixed now but now that I have itv running the pressure isn't working! Water come out, and it comes out kinda hard? but nothing like it did before. there's a section between the engine and the brass valves? I think that must be the pump? on top is a orange plastic cap (small) and the lid for it can pull off. it has a spring in it etc... anyway, brown water appears to be coming out of there if I leave that cap off, although not under any pressure. I'm thinking my pump? needed to be taken off and cleaned out? what do you guys think is the brown water? and why did it work before?
what should I do next? the washer was free but I did buy a wand and it's a honda 5hp motor and I think the valves are brass not metal (heard thats good), It did work good for the 5 mins I ran earlier. what do I do? it's a EXCELL 2400.
thanks and looking forward to hearing from anyone

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: