No Water Out of Pressure Washer

Old 05-30-14, 05:24 PM
No Water Out of Pressure Washer

OK, so I fired up my pressure washer after months of storage (in a dry garage) and absolutely no water comes out of the pump. I checked the inlet water filter screen and that looks fine. The engine runs just fine. There is water being supplied to pump. I removed the spray wand from the gun thinking maybe the wand was plugged. Again, no water.

The pump in question was made by Annovi Reverberi and is a model RMW2G23B. It looks like a wobble-plate piston pump. I found an exploded view of the pump online and it shows a pile of O-rings, springs, bushings, etc. So before I go ripping into this thing I'd like to ask if people have suggestions for likely causes of this problem and places to look. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-14, 08:09 PM
Did you use compressed air to clean out the wand and nozzle? My did the same thing and it looked clean, but I had to blow it out to make it work.

Old 05-31-14, 04:46 AM
Try and contact the washers mfg. tech support ,I had the samething happen and they told me what to check and it worked,unfortunately I can't remember exactually what it was but it may have been a ball check in the inlet behind the screen,water was getting to the screen but not into the pump.
Geo

Old 05-31-14, 05:44 PM
The pressure washer wand/nozzle actually decided to break in two this spring. It was leaking in the area of the break last summer so the leak progressed tothe point of failure. I did check the gun assembly and I can blow through it with the trigger depressed, so there doesn't seem to be any blockage there.

My pump doesn't have the ball check valve that Geo referred to. This pump has three sets of 2 check valves, 2 valves per piston. I can't be unlucky enough to have all of them fail at the same time, could I? It seems if the unloader valve was bad that may result in no flow. I disassembled it and didn't find much. No crud, the piston slides in its bore, the O-rings look fine, etc. So I reinstalled it. Now I can't get the engine to start. It seems harder to pull the starter cord than before. Any suggestions?

Old 05-31-14, 06:59 PM
Are you sure you're not starting the unit against pressure? I had that problem once. I thought the engine was seized. Make sure all valves are open and hose nozzle is set on low pressue and open. Engine should turn over easily.

Old 06-04-14, 06:18 PM
Additional Info

Today's project was to remove the detergent injector and inspect it. Since it's also in the final water path downstream of the pump I thought that if it was blocked that would result in no flow. So I took it out and everything looks fine--no crud, all orifices clean, all O-rings in good shape, etc. I reinstalled it and now I get water flow out of the outlet just from the pressure of water supply. The engine started right up but adds no pressure to the pump discharge. So the pump still isn't doing anything. Tomorrow I will try contacting tech support from the manufacturer. Any other suggestions?