Pressure Washer Unloader?

Old 05-31-14, 07:12 AM
Pressure Washer Unloader?

I just bought the Dewalt (DEWALT Honda GX270 3800-PSI 3.5-GPM Gas Pressure Washer-DXPW3835 at The Home Depot) pressure washer.

It has, I guess an adjustable unloader on the pump. (its a black knob directly above the pump)
NOTHING at all is mentioned in the manual about this unloader. In fact, it states that if you want to decrease pressure use a different nozzle or hold the nozzle further away from what you are spraying. I bought a pressure gauge and hooked her up. The PSI is reading 3700. When Im spraying, the PSI drops to 3100 (yes, I know this is normal, so its no biggie. So I "loosened" (maybe an 1/8-1/4 of a turn) the unloader to give me a little less PSI and it worked. I got the PSI down to around 3300......... Buttttt there is a little screw on top of the unloader that has locktite on it and it came off.. Looks like there is only a few threads showing where this screw can screw back on. So is this unloader NOT consumer adjustable to lower the PSI and should I have just left it alone?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-14, 12:20 PM
Mine is very similar except my knob has a deep recess and the nut that holds it on is hidden behind a snap - on cap.

So I think your nut just holds on the knob. I wonder if it binds if to tight and that's why loctite is used. ..?

Old 05-31-14, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure why loctite was on there. Dewalt is of no help.
So is unloaded used to adjust the psi on the pump or should I just leave it at factory settings?