Toro Lawn Mower - Series 20018

Old 05-18-13, 10:31 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Toro Lawn Mower - Series 20018

I have a Toro lawn mower Series 20018 and Serial # 220006368 and need some instructions please on how to remove the belt cover underneath the deck. It is a rear wheel drive mover and I need to get access to the belt but have tried and cannot figure out where or how to remove the cover. There are no bolts underneath the deck but can't seem to see from above how to remove as well

Thanks very much.

Old 05-18-13, 02:29 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
If you go to the toro site, enter your model under the support tab, it show one screw, refer to the link below. Have a good one. geo
Toro |

Old 05-18-13, 04:18 PM
P
Geo. thank you for your response but could you help me on the Toro site I entered the Series # 20018 but nothing was returned. If you are able to attach a URL show the one screw that holds on the cover it would be a big help. Thank you very much !

Old 05-18-13, 08:34 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
If you will click on the blue Toro on my last post the diagram will be the one on the right. Have a good one. Geo

Old 05-19-13, 04:26 AM
P
Thank you Geo. I have been trying to replace the Traction Cable and had hoped by removing the blade cover that it would provide me with enough access to be able to remove the cable and also enough room to access to the plastic clip which holds the cable to the deck, but that unfortunately did not work

If anyone has some instructions on how to get at the cable a clip attaching it to the deck it would be a big help.

Thanks very much

Old 06-01-14, 02:37 AM
V
Replacing the drive belt on a Toro Model 20018 electric start

Toro Model 20018 electric start Serial Number 230621800

Here is what I had to do to replace the drive belt on my mower:

1. Remove spark plug and drain gas tank
2. Drain oil
3. Opened battery box @ removed battery ( Battery tested bad & needs to be replaced)
4. To get at the drive belt remove 2 screws holding battery box
5. Remove 3 screws that go through the top into the belt guard
6. Turn the mower so you can work underneath and remove the blade, 1 bolt holding the pulley guard and loosen the other bolt so you can swing it out of the way. Slide off the drive pulley, and remove part of the belt guard.
7. Cut the old belt and remove it.
8. To remove the rest of the belt guard you will have to carefully remove the rear wheels making sure you keep all the parts in order.
9. There are 4 bolts at each end of the drive shaft where the rear wheels have been removed. You will have to remove them and the bar brace
10. Next you will have to remove 3 more screws that fasten the belt guard from the rear.
11. Remove the belt guard making sure that you do not lose the 4 bolt inserts in them. They may fall out on the removal.
12. There are 2 screws holding the belt guard on the pulley. Loosen them enough to let you slip on the new drive belt then re-tighten them.
13. Look for stripped gears and lube with the appropriate lubricants.
14. Reassemble in reverse order.

good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: