Husky 2600 pressure washer - no pressure with new pump

Old 06-01-14, 08:56 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Husky 2600 pressure washer - no pressure with new pump

Hi Gents

I have a Husky (its same as a Homelite) HU80722.
Homelite HU80722 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com

The washer stopped outputting pressure but still outputs water through the nozzle. I took the pump off and tried replacing the valves but decided to buy a whole new pump instead. (I basically destroyed the old values trying to get them out).

It appears the old pump is not available anymore so I bought the replacement pump
Homelite (OEM) Part #308653045

And then used this video to re-install it.
Husky Pressure Washer Pump 308653045 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Unfortunately, I still don't get any pressure. The water runs out wand like it did before it stopped working when the motor wasn't running. I even bought a new wand. No luck.

I let the water run for several minutes before starting the pump to remove air. Again, no luck.

When the pump worked, the engine would somehow sense there is a load and throttle up when the wand handle was pressed. Now the engine hums along at the same speed irregardless of pressing the handle or not.

Even if I don't fix this thing, I'd sure like to know how the motor senses it should throttle up. I've been reading online about an uploader, but how the motor knows that the uploader is bypassing is beyond me. I don't think it can be the uploader unless the new pump they sent me was dead on arrival.

I think the uploader is the black part just below the pump outlet (I'm referring to the pumps orientation when its installed - the picture below is upside down). It can screw off and has a fairly heavy duty spring in it.
Pump (Himore) [308653045] - $66.20 at eReplacementParts.com

Since the new pump is doing exactly what the old pump did, it makes me think there is something wrong with the engine. But that wouldn't make any sense because I can see the motor shaft spinning.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your replies.

Cheers2u

Old 06-01-14, 10:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
It sounds like the engine is fine and the pump is either not turning or no good. Was the key that keys the pump to the crankshaft intact?

The unloader in the pump is what loads and unloads the engine. The engine senses that load and the governor gives it more or less fuel as needed. If the pump never applies a load to the motor, then it will never respond to it.

Old 06-02-14, 06:22 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi

The shaft key is intact and inserts snugly into the new pump.

Cheers

Old 06-02-14, 09:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Sounds like you got a defective pump then.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: