Jonsered ride on - Not engaging drive

Old 06-03-14, 03:13 AM
Jonsered ride on - Not engaging drive

Hi
Have a Jonsered LT2217CMA, have it from new, used probably 20 times.
AFter each cut I use the hose to clean it all over, get rid of the grass and I take the box off and clean down the shoots and then drive it into the shed.

Last Thursday I cut the lawn, did the same process and put it back into the shed.
Sat on the lawnmower last night, started no bother, went to reverse out and not a move.
I had just before that moved the lawnmower back a few feet so that I could lift the hood to put in petrol. It moved no problem.

I had a look at the drive belts with the box off and the belts seem juddery, which is odd, but it doesn't engage the wheels.

I have noted that sometimes after I had washed it with the hose that it took maybe 10 seconds for the drive to engage, probably wet pulley/belt.

I am not sure where to start, I should be able to fix it myself but for the life of me I can't spot what could be the problem.

Thanks v much

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-14, 07:10 AM
Group Moderator
I'm not a fan of hosing off a machine regularly. Especially if it will be parked in an enclosed space before it's thoroughly dry. Hose directed water can get into many nooks and crannies causing rust and corrosion.

You said the machine backed-up a couple feet so you could add gas. Did it move under it's own power and work properly or did you push it backwards? You say the drive belt is juddery. Is it shaking all the time or only when you try to move? I'm trying to figure if maybe the brake is still engaged or rusted in place or if the clutch is not engaging.

Old 06-03-14, 07:20 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I hose it just to remove the grass and put the hose on the nipple to clean out under the body and blades.

Had to push it back, used the control arm bypass up, then rolled it back.

Wondering if its tensioners that are off, would it be an idea to tighten those regular I wonder?

Old 06-03-14, 09:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The bypass valve may still be activated even though the rod isn't pulled out. Try pushing the bypass rod back in towards the mower a bit and see if it will go. If not, find out if the transmission pulley is turning when you are trying to move.

Old 06-03-14, 01:57 PM
Wink

Well guys
It turned out when I got the mower up in the air that the drive belt had in fact jumped to the incorrect side, it was pouring rain so I was only able to drive it back and forth but its moving anyway!
Good to get into the skeleton of the mower

Many thank you for all your time and help.

Old 06-03-14, 04:17 PM
Group Moderator
Glad you got it and was a inexpensive fix. Happy mowing.