Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel leaking from air filter - motor will start and run but wants to die

OK

06-10-14, 10:23 AM   #1  
Fuel leaking from air filter - motor will start and run but wants to die

I have an Echo SRM-210 trimmer. Fuel is leaking through air filter leaving thick, oily residue after gas evaporates. Motor will start just fine, but I pretty much have to run it with throttle wide open to get it to keep running. If I allow it to idle, it dies. In order of priority, what steps should I take to fix this?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-10-14, 08:45 PM   #2  
Well, the carburetor needs repair. It might need replacement. A replacement carburetor might be nearly as cheap as a kit, so I'd look into just replacing it and be done with it. Rebuilding it may or may not work.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

OK

06-11-14, 08:16 AM   #3  
Thanks, Cheese! I was leaning toward just buying a new carburetor rather than a kit, so your advice encouraged me to go with that.

OR

06-21-14, 10:13 PM   #4  
I'm having similar issues with my 50cc chainsaw motor. But mine wouldn't start at all until I took the carb off completely. It seems to be spitting when I pull the cord. Mines a china knock off so I'm not sure what carb model it is. I know its ruinxin which is like homelight.
Any more info?

Search this Thread