Just curious, was this manufactured by Poulan for Craftsman? Craftsman 358797120

Old 06-10-14, 03:06 PM
Just curious, was this manufactured by Poulan for Craftsman? Craftsman 358797120

The pictures show my Craftsman 16", 26cc weedeater, just curious who made this? It was sold by Sear's and has Craftsman's name on it. Manual?

I have no problems finding little parts for these things, here are some good sources:

My question is just that it's manual says that it is a leaf-blower. I believe that the motor can be used in either a blower or a weedeater.

But I'm just curious - is there perhaps a manual out there somewhere where this is diagrammed as a weedeater?

I can live without an answer to this question although if I ever have to really rebuild the thing - I might like one! So far I have only put in a new fuel line - I got the part from Randy's on ebay and this went well - but it's an easy job if you have the right tools. So I just want to be prepared for the future and get some history on this thing - any help appreciated, thank you.

Here are some pics ... it's on .080/.085" cutter-line type and the fuel line ID for the little one from the gas filter is .080" ID.

Attached Images    

Last edited by Shadeladie; 06-10-14 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Source removed. Not needed
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-14, 04:09 PM
The Model Prefix 358 = Poulan.

You can probably find what you need by goggling Poulan 797120

Old 06-10-14, 05:30 PM
There's a parts website called OrderTree that has a listing for a Poulan 358797120 weedeater along with parts for this - I guess I'll go there or a similar site to get parts.

Thanks to you, at least I now know that it's a Poulan.

Old 06-10-14, 07:06 PM
You can go to the sears site, www.partsdirect.com and get parts. Have a good one. Geo

Old 06-11-14, 03:55 AM
Here's a link to the prefixes for the bulk of the OEMs that Sears markets under the Craftsman or Kenmore Names:

Craftsman OEM List | VintageMachinery.org

Old 06-11-14, 10:25 AM
Can anyone explain why my weedeater is listed as a blower on www.partsdirect.com? I do not have a blower. I would like to find the original weedeater manual - I realize the engine might be the same and so would the parts, but frankly, my weedeater does NOT have a 25cc engine - it's 26cc. Someone changing the stroke of the engine? Honestly, I doubt it. I will have to mark this thread as still a mystery. I still do not have an answer to the question - when and where was my weedeater/Poulan manufactured and where are the manuals? I don't own a blower, I own a weedeater. Maybe they are similar but they are not the same. Thanks for the OEM numbers - clearly, 358 is Poulan/Weedeater so that's good.

The OrderTree website is a bit of a help as it lists a Poulan Weedeater 358797120. So if we look into this, we can use Poulan and Weedeater, not just Craftsman. There's a manual out there somewhere I would guess - OrderTree does not have it but they have LOTS of parts.

Old 06-11-14, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Question...
Did you buy this new or was it used or "remanufactured"? Has it ever been repaired at a shop?

The way the serial number is applied (looks like it was added later?) makes me wonder. Maybe thats just the way they applied them.

Old 06-11-14, 11:37 AM
Anything is possible - I bought it at a yardsale. Yeah, it could be remanufactured or custom or maybe the engine was swapped from something else.

Old 06-11-14, 12:32 PM
The sears site www.partsdirect.com says that 358797121 is the weedeater and the one ending in 120 is a blower, the starting instruction tag may have been replaced. The manual is there also. Have a good one. Geo

Old 06-12-14, 10:15 AM
Wow, thanks geogrubb - you've solved the problem! We just need to use 358797121 (not 120) and we can download a manual for a weedeater - I'll let everyone know - nice discovery by you!

Search this Thread