Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help no brakes!

NH

06-17-14, 01:17 PM   #1  
Help no brakes!

Toro Wheel Horse 13-38XL. MDL#71185 I have adjusted the brake before a directed in the owners manual, this time when I adjusted the nut was quite tight I turned it about a 1/2 turn and still did not get much braking action but when I went to mow and all kinds of smoke came from somewhere ,not the belts ,any suggestions would help also a parts breakdown of what is inside that tranny .
It dose shift alright although it is a little jumpy.
Geo

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-17-14, 10:56 PM   #2  
Sounds like you need to take apart the brake and clean the pins, lube them, make sure the disk moves freely on the shaft, and probably replace the pucks. It sounds like the brake is applying pressure to one side and not releasing, causing the smoke and probably the jerky shifting.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NH

06-18-14, 06:44 AM   #3  
Thanks,I have it all apart and cleaned up put back together and still no brakes,how thick should the pads be? And I have it on jack stands testing for braking which I don't believe should make a difference.
Geo

NH

06-18-14, 08:28 AM   #4  
All set with the brakes,I ended up shimming the pads out with shim stock for now,when they fail again I will replace the pads,both wheels had to be on the ground to test,how thick will the new pads be?
Geo

Search this Thread