Echo Tiller TC-2100 with SV-4/E Carb, rebuild etc

Old 06-23-14, 08:11 AM
Echo Tiller TC-2100 with SV-4/E Carb, rebuild etc

Hi all... I am looking to rebuild the carb on this tiller, and have found that part online, but I could use some suggestions on how to do the rebuild. Does this info look helpful?:
Carburetor Rebuild

Also, I need to replace the grommet on the fuel tank (leaks) and figured I would also replace hoses to and from and the cracked primer bulb. Any other suggestions on what else to replace as a matter of good measure?

Here is a link to a schematic. Thanks for any suggestions.
Echo TC-2100 Parts List and Diagram - (Type 1E) (023313-999999, Canada - 018677-999999) : eReplacementParts.com

Jerry

Last edited by JerMannSki; 06-23-14 at 08:13 AM. Reason: adding carb rebuild link
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-14, 10:25 AM
If you just take a picture of the carb mount to get that back on right, the carb diagram shows you all you really need to know about disassembly/reassembly.

Usually those kits have a few extra pieces in them so match up the new ones with the old ones coming out of the carb.

Then just spray carb cleaner through everything to clean it out and get the lever arm on the needle valve (12) right, or use the old arm(10). Lot of times it's easier to use the old arm, but make sure you use the new valve.

When the kits run over $12.00 and you can get the whole carb for $20.00, it may be better to replace the carb than working with a kit. You may want to check Ebay for something like that.