Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Dead Lawnmower

MI

06-23-14, 03:38 PM   #1  
Dead Lawnmower

Help! Craftsman 16 HP 42" Automatic Lawn Tractor Model 917.272060 with Kohler Engine CV460/26509. Half way through mowing back yard, it dies. Nothing, nada. Checked the battery, its fine. Please believe me when I say I am not automotive inclined. I have no concept how they work. So, with that said, where do I go from here. I turn the key, and nothing, no click, no rat a tat, nothing. So, where do I start?

Sponsored Links

FL

06-23-14, 04:30 PM   #2  
Hello masattack,

I'll try to lend a hand, Here's a pic of your machine electrical system.

First, Look under the hood around the dash area for the fuse #26 in the diagram and see if it has blown.

What did you use or how did you test the battery to know it's good ?

MI

07-01-14, 04:01 PM   #3  
Thank you for your response. Checked the fuse, looks good. Put the battery on the charger (new about 2 years ago) battery checked out ok bought battery a year ago. Could it still be the battery even if the charger says its fully charged? Here's what I've done to date - put in a new ignition switch, changed oil and filter, changed out fuel filter, put in a new spark plug and believe me this is quite an accomplishment for me. All to no avail, no click, no sputter, no nothing. Any other ideas on what could be wrong? Greatly appreciate the advice.

PA

07-01-14, 05:46 PM   #4  
Try jump starting it off a vehicle with a known good battery.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-01-14, 07:44 PM   #5  
You might want to test the fuse or replace it to be sure, since they can look good and still be bad.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread