Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Sthil FS250

LA

06-26-14, 11:13 AM   #1  
Sthil FS250

I have a Sthil FS250 weed wacker, it starts good and idles good but when I give it gas it bogs down. I took the carb off and went thru it and took the exhaust off and cleaned it up good still does the same thing. It would idle all day if I let it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

IA

06-26-14, 04:32 PM   #2  
Turn your high speed (usually marked "H") in a little to see if that will snap it up.

That leans out the mixture. If that works then hold the throttle fully open and adjust that screw for max rpms, then back it out 1/16 of an inch. That will give it a little richer mixture for lubrication.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-26-14, 06:25 PM   #3  
Did you try it with the exhaust removed completely just to be sure it's not related to the muffler? Did you check the exhaust port in the cylinder for carbon buildup?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

LA

06-27-14, 07:01 AM   #4  
Yea ran it without the exhaust and the port looks clean. Can't find the "H" only a "Lo" tried that no go.

OK

07-03-14, 08:33 PM   #5  
I have a Stihl FS45 that is doing exactly the same thing. I even replaced the carb, plug, and fuel filter to no avail. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your FS250?

Search this Thread