Craftsman won't start

Old 06-26-14, 12:08 PM
Craftsman won't start

I have a problem with my craftmans with a kolher engine replaced: Carb, fuel solenoid, fuel filter, new battery, new spark plug, drained gas and added fresh. It still won't turn over. This is the first time having problems like this. Just installed a new starter solenoid and it still won't turn over?

Last edited by mytractor; 06-26-14 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Updated
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-14, 06:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I moved this to it's own thread.

With the things you replaced, some are related to it turning over, and some are not, but are related to it actually starting, so I guess I need to determine if it is not turning over or cranking, as in the engine does not turn, the starter does not make a sound, or is it turning over, but not starting?

If when you turn the key and you hear no click, no sound, or anything... then check the battery connections and the fuse.

Old 06-28-14, 03:50 PM
It's not turning over after cleaning the Flywheel and pick up with a matchbook thickness of gap it still won't turn over but makes a clicking at the end. Could that be the starter? The carb and fuel solenoid are new and the bowl was full of fuel. I think I drain my new battery as well. Any thoughts?

Old 06-28-14, 11:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like your voltage is too low.. a rapid clicking is a sure sign of it.