Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman won't start

CO

06-26-14, 12:08 PM   #1  
Craftsman won't start

I have a problem with my craftmans with a kolher engine replaced: Carb, fuel solenoid, fuel filter, new battery, new spark plug, drained gas and added fresh. It still won't turn over. This is the first time having problems like this. Just installed a new starter solenoid and it still won't turn over?

Last edited by mytractor; 06-26-14 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Updated

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-26-14, 06:23 PM   #2  
I moved this to it's own thread.

With the things you replaced, some are related to it turning over, and some are not, but are related to it actually starting, so I guess I need to determine if it is not turning over or cranking, as in the engine does not turn, the starter does not make a sound, or is it turning over, but not starting?

If when you turn the key and you hear no click, no sound, or anything... then check the battery connections and the fuse.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CO

06-28-14, 03:50 PM   #3  
It's not turning over after cleaning the Flywheel and pick up with a matchbook thickness of gap it still won't turn over but makes a clicking at the end. Could that be the starter? The carb and fuel solenoid are new and the bowl was full of fuel. I think I drain my new battery as well. Any thoughts?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-28-14, 11:32 PM   #4  
Sounds like your voltage is too low.. a rapid clicking is a sure sign of it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread