Troy bilt 18.5 bronco won't start

Old 06-29-14, 12:33 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Troy bilt 18.5 bronco won't start

Ok so here's what I have it's a troy bilt 18.5 hp bronco with cruise control 42 in deck, it has a Briggs and Stratton Intek motor. Now my problem is I goto crank it and it turns to slow like there restrictions. I figured at first it's just the battery so I had it tested and it's fine so brought home and placed it on my trickle charger. Next day started right up. Now I had to do this once a week and now it's doing it even after the battery was charged. I have replaced the oil and filters, checked all wiring and spark plug. I'm at the end of my rope. My engine model is 31p777-0923-e1

Old 06-29-14, 04:58 PM
Hello Dsmcreatur,

Sounds like you need to perform a valve adjustment, As the valve train wears the mechanical compression release on the cam fails to function properly causing hard crank over.

Good Luck

Old 07-04-14, 06:44 PM
D
ok so just tried to start it nothing happened what so ever just got a clicking noise and acts like the battery is dead or doesnt have any voltage. I had just taken the battery off the charger.

Last edited by Dsmcreatur; 07-04-14 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-04-14, 07:15 PM
Hello Dsmcreatur,

It now sounds as though you have a faulty stater solenoid, A possible cause from trying to start with the valves out of adjustment.

You can test the solenoid by checking for battery voltage at the starter cable with a multimeter set on DC scale.

If you have no voltage to the starter, Replace the solenoid.

Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: