craftsman lt200 with 17.5 kohler will mot start

Old 07-12-14, 03:14 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
craftsman lt200 with 17.5 kohler will mot start

I picked up my folks older lawn tractor to use. My dad had taught with it for a year before buying a new one. Anyways, it would start and run fine but the next time you went to use it, it would not start. When I got it, I replaced a harness plug in and it ran fine. Now it won't start again. It is getting fuel, but no spark. Replaced the ignition switch today, but still no spark. The seat switch is jumped across but the brake and deck switches are still attached and work. It will not crank if they are not depressed. Traced wire to coil and there are not any bad spots, but other is no power running from smitch through that wire when turn it over. I believe there is supposed to be but haven't tried jumping it yet. I also replaced sections of wire that rabbits had chewed on. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Old 07-12-14, 09:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Jumping the seat switch won't work, but that's not the problem. Unplug the kill wire from the coil and see if it sparks.

Old 07-13-14, 08:37 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I tried and no spark. Is the kill wire supposed to carry 12v to coil when starting?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: