Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel Extender for a Generator

Non-US

07-15-14, 04:59 PM   #1  
Fuel Extender for a Generator

Hi everyone. I have a Porter Cable generator model BS1550 (Briggs & Stratton engine). I need some help in attaching an auxiliary fuel tank. I want to stay away from a gravity system. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links

PA

07-15-14, 08:27 PM   #2  
Have you considered a propane or natural gas kit? I just did that to my generator. You can get up to a 1,000 gallon propane tank.

Group Moderator

NC

07-16-14, 05:25 AM   #3  
Gravity certainly would be the easiest. You can also use a fuel pump. An electric one could be tied into the generator's electrical system to run whenever the key is in the on position. All automotive stores carry generic 12volt fuel pumps. Just make sure you get a low pressure one intended for carburetors. You can also use an pulse type fuel pump which can be found online or from anyone who works on small engines. They are commonly used on riding lawn mowers to bring fuel from a tank mounted under the seat and are powered by case or intake pressure pulses from the turning engine.

Search this Thread