replaced needle and seat and now wont idle

Old 07-24-14, 10:44 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
replaced needle and seat and now wont idle

i have a snapper rer, it has a briggs and stratton engine, model number 28B702-1154E1, with a gravity fed walbro carb. anyhow it has always ran fine but if you left the fuel shutoff valve on for a day or two gas would end up in the oil. so i figured i would finally fix it. bought a new needle and seat and took the carb off to replace those parts and sure was a bugger getting out that old seat. but i installed the new needle and seat and put it back together and it runs, but it is idling quite high, and runs rough, like sputtering. well im here cause i have no idea what to do now. needle not seating right? i dont know, ive seen it done before and i did the same thing as them, but for me it aint running right. but i just need it to idle again and run like it did before, so any ideas please let me know. thanks

Old 07-24-14, 10:52 AM
Received 16 Upvotes on 12 Posts
Possible air leak around carb gasket(s) would cause a high idle.

RR

Old 07-24-14, 07:21 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
yea, good thought. ill be taking it off again tomo, and ill inspect everything and then maybe use some rtv red on it and put it back together. if i cant figure it out, i guess ill just buy a carb rebuild kit and see if that helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: