Homelite UT20706 trimmer McCulloch EagerBeaver 2014 chainsaw won't start.

Old 07-27-14, 06:29 AM
Homelite UT20706 trimmer McCulloch EagerBeaver 2014 chainsaw won't start.

I have Homelite UT20706 trimmer and McCulloch Eager Beaver 2014 chainsaw that won't start. Both had been hard to start anyhow and have had them repaired by authorized service center but now they aren't starting again. I do not like paying almost as much for the repairs as for a new replacement. I would like to gain the knowledge to repair them myself. I am handy but concerned with being able to put everything back together properly if I take it apart. Are these 2 items easy enough to take apart and repair myself or do I need to get a manual? Will a general 2-cycle repair manual be good or do I need repair manual specific to the engine? I am currently repairing B&S mower carburetors that I feel good repairing as long as I put back together within 1 week or I forget where parts went. Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-14, 11:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I find it faster and almost as cheap to just replace the whole carburetors on those small ones like that.
Most of your problem is caused from using ethanol fuel and leaving it in the tank to long.
Use nonethanol fuel, or at least add the additive that counter acts the effects of it.
Only mix1, gal. of fuel at a time.
Not going to use the tool for a while, run it completely out of fuel.