Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Homelite UT20706 trimmer McCulloch EagerBeaver 2014 chainsaw won't start.

CO

07-27-14, 06:29 AM   #1  
Homelite UT20706 trimmer McCulloch EagerBeaver 2014 chainsaw won't start.

I have Homelite UT20706 trimmer and McCulloch Eager Beaver 2014 chainsaw that won't start. Both had been hard to start anyhow and have had them repaired by authorized service center but now they aren't starting again. I do not like paying almost as much for the repairs as for a new replacement. I would like to gain the knowledge to repair them myself. I am handy but concerned with being able to put everything back together properly if I take it apart. Are these 2 items easy enough to take apart and repair myself or do I need to get a manual? Will a general 2-cycle repair manual be good or do I need repair manual specific to the engine? I am currently repairing B&S mower carburetors that I feel good repairing as long as I put back together within 1 week or I forget where parts went. Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

VA

07-27-14, 11:18 AM   #2  
I find it faster and almost as cheap to just replace the whole carburetors on those small ones like that.
Most of your problem is caused from using ethanol fuel and leaving it in the tank to long.
Use nonethanol fuel, or at least add the additive that counter acts the effects of it.
Only mix1, gal. of fuel at a time.
Not going to use the tool for a while, run it completely out of fuel.

Search this Thread