Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

small engine fuel filter recommendations

NY

07-28-14, 09:25 PM   #1  
small engine fuel filter recommendations

I have a chainsaw, line trimmer, blower, etc small engines ranging from homelite to husqvarna. From the ones I've inspected, they all have this type of solid hard white material fuel filter:

Homelite Fuel Filter 300759005 Chain Saw UT 10560 10562 10580 10582 10918 H1 | eBay

I want to buy about 5 filters to use on any machine, but I don't want to spend like $8 a piece for OEM. Does it matter which one I use as long as it matches the 1/8" fuel line and isn't an inline filter with two nipples? One machine is a 4 stroke line trimmer that I suspect needs a new filter to run correct, so hopefully it doesn't require a special filter but it looks like the solid white one I linked above.

I was considering these but they look like soft foam, so is that a potential problem? I don't use dirty gas, and I try to keep gas caps free of debris.

5pcs x Small Engine Fuel Filter for Zama 1 Tecumseh Homelite 49422 1 8" Nipple | eBay

Can someone pick me out the best option for about 5 filters from ebay here or using different search words? 1/8 fuel filter -car | eBay

thank you.

Sponsored Links

NY

07-29-14, 03:55 AM   #2  
If you're using clean fuel it shouldn't make any difference. But the cost of the OEM filter is not much. You should not need to changes the filter every year. If using clean fuel every 2 or three years should be fine, unless you're using it in a commercial endeavor and constant fuel fills introduces debris.

NY

07-30-14, 10:51 AM   #3  
here's the hard filters (presumably) for about $1.15 each shipped, I think the foam ones are more likely to deteriorate and put particles in the carb, but the high end stihls use foam (plus an added mesh screen usually), so I'm not sure which is best.

5pcs Fuel Filter Poulan Weedeater Craftsman Trimmer Chainsaw Blower 530095646 | eBay

Search this Thread