Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi Weed Trimmer CS26

SC

08-12-14, 11:06 AM   #1  
Ryobi Weed Trimmer CS26 won't start

Hey All,

I have a Ryobi CS26 that will not start. Just changed the spark plug, fuel filter, fuel lines and primer bulb. It does not show any spark or attempt to start with choke on full open. At half choke and full run it sounds like it is trying to start but no luck. Any ideas what would be causing this? Or what else to try? It started up just fine prior to this weekend?

Last edited by jayandlis; 08-12-14 at 01:47 PM. Reason: title

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-12-14, 03:45 PM   #2  
You'll need to determine if it is sparking or not. When you say it sounds like it's trying to start, it can't be trying if it's not sparking. If it's not sparking, it will just pull like the switch is turned off.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

SC

08-13-14, 04:40 AM   #3  
Sorry for the confusion.. not sure exactly how to explain it. With choke set on full ( like starting directions say to begin with) it does nothing when you pull the chord. In the past it tries to start with in 4 pulls then i move it to half choke like directions say and then to RUN. But when moved to half or run, it at least sounds like it is trying to crank but does not. So i don't understand why it sounds like its dead with the choke set on full?

Search this Thread