I have a new Toro self propelled lawn mower and it is making metal knocking nois

Old 08-18-14, 06:50 AM
I have a new Toro self propelled lawn mower and it is making metal knocking nois

We probably have only used it 4 or 5 times on our smaller lawn. We were using it in pretty long grass when it started and we cleaned the grass out, the blade is sturdy and can't see anything that it might be hitting. It almost seems like it might be more in the engine. Any Ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-14, 07:31 AM
If it makes the noise when you start it and when you stop it remove and reinstall the blade, even though it feels tight the engine has more power than you can with your hand, also check that the bolt holding the blade is not bottoming out. Have a good one. Geo

Old 08-18-14, 07:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You say it is a NEW mower. If you don't find something obviously wrong and quickly fixable by you, it's hi ho, hi ho, back to the dealer you go - for warranty service.

Old 08-18-14, 09:07 AM
I get that while mowing high grass. Adjust your cut level to a higher setting when mowing taller grass until you no longer hear the noise. You may have to mow it twice.