Bosch Combitrim 23

Old 09-02-14, 09:36 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bosch Combitrim 23

I have a 7 year-old Bosch Combitrim 23 (electric) and the head onto which the dual-sided plastic string is fixed now just comes off, because of wear and tear.

I visited a local repairman I've used before and he looked up the serial number for the strimmer and couldn't find any of the relevant parts, so he says they must not make them.

The strimmer is electrically fine and all it needs is a new head (or the old head fixing to the rotating spindle) - is it true that it can't be mended, and if so and I have to buy a new strimmer (small back and front garden so don't need a monster!) what would be a good one to buy where I avoid this parts problem again? I hate throwing away good tools...

Cheers,

Jon61

Old 09-02-14, 09:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Checkout part #820 in the following link.....
Bosch ART 23 GFSV (06008279E2) Spare Parts Diagram

Not sure if it's the model you have. If not check with the same company for parts.

Old 09-02-14, 09:27 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Hopefully you have better luck than I have with my Weedeater model 509. I need a new head assembly but ALL parts for this machine are obsolete and unavailable. Darn shame as the motor runs fine.

Old 09-03-14, 07:13 AM
V
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I suppose you guys have already considered those drive adapters that might allow you to use a universal head ?

Craftsman's Weedeater 509 was actually made by Poulan; are those parts also discontinued and/or obsolete ?

Old 09-04-14, 12:36 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Mine is a genuine Weedeater, not a Craftsman. It may have been made by Poulan as Internet research seems to support that idea. It has a straight 5/8 inch shaft with a standard 5/8 inch thread on the end. None of the "universal" replacement heads I have seen seem to support a straight shaft, all requiring a hexagon shaft AND they all have smaller holes (maybe 3/8 inch) for the threaded part of the shaft.

I have looked at "universal" and specific brand replacement heads in the big box stores and none come close to being applicable. Internet searches all turn up results that state the parts are obsolete or unavailable.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread. :bad poster: )

Old 09-04-14, 08:35 AM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Since your trimmer is electric finding parts is going to be very difficult, maybe you could adapt one like in the video below, if you can only put one string in it. Have a good one. Geo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg5oRm3vXaQ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: