Poulan 3314 chainsaw

Old 10-07-14, 06:22 AM
Poulan 3314 chainsaw

Hello gentleman,

Have an easy one for ya'll. When I press the primer bulb on the saw it pressurizes the tank but no fuel enters the primer bulb or carb. No work has been done to the saw and it was running prior to this problem. If I put fuel in cylinder it will start for couple minutes. Is it the primer or is the carb plugged. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-14, 06:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Could be both and or the lines need replacing, filter in the tank is plugged up.
Main caused I'd bet is using ethanol fuel.
It just destroys small engine carburetors and fuel lines.
Those carburetors are so small and cheap to buy I just replace them instead of rebuilding them.
Poulan 3300 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com

Old 10-09-14, 10:24 AM
OK replaced carb and it started right up. The carb came with new primer bulb which I installed. How do I tell what the issue was carb or primer? Thanks

Old 10-10-14, 03:54 PM
On that one, the primer moves the fuel through the carb to purge the air and fill the carb reservoir with fuel. Then it's full for the choke to start the engine.

All the primer is, then is a fuel pump that pumps fuel from the tank, then back to it. If the lines are clear to/from the primer, the only thing for the primer to fail at is the check valve to allow the pumping and the little plastic ball not leaking air. You can check the primer off the engine just run the lines into fuel and watch it pump.

If the primer is working, then, obviously the carb was the problem.

Search this Thread