Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Gas powered pressure washer won't start..

NC

10-07-14, 08:42 AM   #1  
Gas powered pressure washer won't start..

I'm on my second Wel-bilt pressure washer. First one lasted six months and flat out wouldn't start.

The second one (that I receive as an exchange for the first one) will only start if the water hose is NOT attached. Also, when I attach the water hose and have water running, the water is not coming out the outlet where the wand attaches. I suspect something is clogging it somewhere and building up pressure with the hose attached.

I only ran it a couple of seconds without the water (I know I can't run it any length without water). I did check the inlet "filter screen" and it looks clean.

Any ideas what the heck is going on? Wel-bilt suspects the pump, and it "only" costs $129 (more than half what I paid for the entire system)!

Model# 157720

Thanks,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-07-14, 09:01 AM   #2  
I'm sure it is a problem in the pump and a new one should fix it for a while, but these are low quality pumps and it might do it again. You probably have a stuck valve(s) in the pump and disassembling/cleaning it may help.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MO

10-07-14, 09:03 AM   #3  
Try a process of elimination, remove the pressure hose from the pump, turn on the water to see if water goes through the pump, attach the pressure hose without the wand, wand without the tip, etc. Have a good one. Geo

NC

10-08-14, 07:22 PM   #4  
geogrubb, I've tried those steps already. No water is getting through the pump. That's for the suggestion though.

GA

10-08-14, 11:31 PM   #5  
Well..when u have the water turned on and going in the pump at the same time cranking it..it will most likely not not crank..reason is...to much PRESSURE on the ENGINE..if still won't start..check fire..if blue..good..no spark..clean coil and set with any paper business card..or..carb may needs to be cleaned out..good luck..

MO

10-09-14, 08:57 AM   #6  
Try putting the hose on the outlet and see if you can back flush it some. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread