Briggs and Stratton 675 governor link issue

Old 10-10-14, 04:28 AM
Briggs and Stratton 675 governor link issue

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here but used this forum a couple of time and has been a great help.

I have a Victa corvette Push mower with a 675 briggs and stratton 190cc engine. model number is 126T02 0370 B1. It is

After a recent service and clean of the mower the governor was playing up and was causing the engine to run very high rpm and wouldn't idle. I tried adjusting it and it would still go to high idle. I pulled the crankcase off and check to see if anything was damaged and turned out the push cone on the governor had come loose (unsure how). I put it all back together and tried firing it up again an found that the governor link was clicking back and forward causing throttle to rev up and down. I found that the flywheel magnets on one side were pulling the link causing it to open and close throttle. Now my question is to why this is happening as it seems that everything is in the same position? Its as if the magnets on the flywheel is more powerful than before

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Cameron

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-14, 09:04 AM
Group Moderator
How/why do you think the flywheel magnets are affecting the governor? I've usually found surging to be caused by a carburetor issue and not the governor.

Old 10-10-14, 09:22 AM
I agree with Pilot it is carb fuel supply issue, first while it is running spray/dribble some carb/brake parts cleaner behind the carb and along the intake mating surfaces, if the engine tempo changes the "O" ring seal on the intake tube is failing and sucking air, second remove the carb bowl and clean any junk you find, the bowl nut is the main jet and gets clogged with varnish and gunk, it has a hole down the center and one through the bottom, clean it very well, refer to the pic below. Have a good one. Geo