Snowblower Choice- Ariens or Simplicity

Old 10-12-14, 06:06 PM
Question Snowblower Choice- Ariens or Simplicity

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice on two snowblower. It's fast approaching winter in the Northeast and I need to replace and older Toro that's not going to make it through another winter. I have narrowed my choice down to 2 models. And would appreciate any and all feedback. Currently I am looking at the Simplicity Pro 28 (model P1728E) or the Ariens Pro 28 (model 926038). In doing research I know both models are very good. Which is what's making the decision even harder.

A few things I have noticed that are quite different with the Simplicity than most snowblowers are the following.

1. There gear control on the professional line in very low and not on "top" as you would expect and see with other manufactures. (My thought is this would be a bit awkward to manage)

2. They use an amber light instead of the typical white light. (My thought is this provides minimal light during the evening time when its most needed)

3. They use an electric chute control (My thought is this becomes a significant headache and would freeze up frequently)

Again the above 3 items are the differences I noted in Simplicity none of which rules that brand out.. The comments mentioned are just my initial thoughts on them. I would be very interested in OTHER opinions and which model you would choose and why. Ariens or Simplicity Pro 28.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-14, 06:19 PM
Ariens......................

Old 10-14-14, 01:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone else had any additional comments or feedback on these 2 models and/or manufactures.