Craftsman DLT mower problem

Old 10-13-14, 12:16 PM
Craftsman DLT mower problem

Good afternoon, I am hoping someone can assist me. I have an older DLT that I got from a friend. It was working nicely with simply changing the battery and starter solenoid. My son washed it last week and it wouldn't start after that and when I say it wouldn't start, I cant even get the headlamps to turn on.

The battery is fine, the 15amp fuse has been replaced, the ignition switch has been replaced, all the wires seem to be well connected, bolts tighten, and I cant even get the headlamps to turn on. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am sure I am missing something simple, I just cant figure it out. there cant be much between the battery and the headlamps? Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-14, 09:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I moved this to it's own thread since the one you posted to was 8 years old. Please read the link below and post back with the required info. Craftsman made a zillion different models with a zillion different engines and electrical systems.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/ou...hort-note.html

Old 10-16-14, 01:36 PM
Good Afternoon, I have a Craftsman 25hp intek riding mower, model # 917.272201. Currently the mower wont start. The headlamps wont even turn on. The battery is saying its charged. I don't even get a reading on the voltmeter gauge on the mower. I just replaced the battery a few months ago, then I replaced the starter solenoid (pretty much at the same time) after which the mower was working great. Then my son washed it and we couldn't get it started after that. I cant get it to turn on the headlights. I have replaced the ignition switch and replaced the 15amp fuse (which was fine). Any ideas? I am obviously missing something that is probably very simple any suggestions would help. I hope the information I have here is enough for some diagnosis.

Old 10-16-14, 08:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Have you got a 12 volt test light or voltmeter? This model has a fairly simple electrical system, so the problem should be easy to find. Start with testing the battery connections, then test for voltage at the fuse and report back with results. We'll go to the next appropriate step depending on your results.