Craftsman 31cc* 2-Cycle Straight Shaft Weed Wacker Gas Trimmer Running Problem

Old 10-21-14, 01:20 AM
Craftsman 31cc* 2-Cycle Straight Shaft Weed Wacker Gas Trimmer Running Problem

I have this "Craftsman 31cc* 2-Cycle Straight Shaft Weed Wacker Gas Trimmer" and it starts to give me a problem. The problem is it can NOT keep running. It can starts; but it can not keep running. I bought it as a brand new at Sears on March 2012 and I used only about 6 times. I don't know why it can not keep running. It can start well and run a little bit; then shut off.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-14, 02:05 AM
How old is your fuel? Unless you mixed fresh gas and oil recently, I would start by emptying the tank and can, mix new, and try that. If that is in fact the problem, it could have already gone deeper, and you may have to remove and clean the carburetor. Have you tried a fresh spark plug? Any sort of warranty that covers this situation? I doubt it, but might be worth looking at.

Old 10-21-14, 08:46 AM
Check the fuel lines for cracks and leaks, 2 years is about the limit for clear fuel lines using today's fuel also check that the fuel filter is still attached to the fuel line in the tank. Have a good one. Geo

Old 10-22-14, 07:26 PM
Highly recommend using Trufuel as well. No ethanol.

Old 10-23-14, 07:06 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
99% of the time it's a fuel problem caused by old fuel or using ethanol fuel.
Fuel starts to go bad after about three months.
For what little your using it I would stop by any real power equipment shop Lowes or HD and pick up one of those cans of premixed can of fuel.
Done using it, let it run out of fuel.
Poulan makes there power equipment, far cheaper if you needs part to go to a Poulan shop then ordering from Sears part web site.
A whole lot easier to just replace the carburetor then to try and rebuild it.