Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Echo backpack leaf blower pb-300e

MI

10-23-14, 05:54 PM   #1  
Echo backpack leaf blower pb-300e

I have the above leaf blower and was looking to use. First start of the year took a little bit but got it started and let it warm up. When I went to use it, it fired right up and ran like a champ for a while then petered out. Would not restart while warm. After a few hours it restarted, ran for a few minutes then died again. Started and died one more time, now won't start. I've put fresh mix in it, new spark plug, even tried a little starter fluid in the spark plug hole(I know it's not ideal, but was trying to see if it would work). I jumped the kill switch with a few alligator clips and wire, but to no avail. I tried to test the spark plug but did not seem to spark(was doing it in the dark, and my connection from plug to engine using a bridge might not of been sufficient)
When taking the spark plug out, the piston moves freely, and smells like it is getting gas. No odd noises or scraping sounds.

Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

MN

10-23-14, 06:47 PM   #2  
If you don't see a spark that could be your issue, Perhaps there is something that is shorting the plug wire to ground or you could have a bad/week coil?

Electrical AC/DC and lighting Moderator
Professional Electrician, Handyman, all around swell guy!
40,000 people die in auto accidents per year in the US. We should ban cars.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-24-14, 09:47 AM   #3  
When checking for spark, make sure the plug is touching metal on the engine.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MI

10-24-14, 10:57 AM   #4  
Which portion of the spark plug should be touching the engine?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-24-14, 08:47 PM   #5  
The end that sparks (with the threads).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread