Gas runs out of the carb in snowblower

Old 11-10-14, 09:00 AM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas runs out of the carb in snowblower

I have a real stumper for you . I have a 30 year old Ariens HS 50 Snow King snowblower that I have been fixing up all summer. It has a 5 hp tecumseh engine. At first , I rebuilt the Carb , and then I ended up replacing the Carb . It starts , it runs , it works fine , BUT , when it sits , gas runs out of the Carb and onto the floor. The whole carb is wet. I replaced the fuel line and clamps . That is not leaking , the fuel tank is not leaking. Sometimes it takes a week for the gas to run out , and sometimes it takes two or three weeks , but it will run out sooner or later. My next guess is the gas cap is not venting properly.....after all , it is 30 years old...... What do you think ?????? Regards , Username612

Old 11-10-14, 10:13 AM
G
Received 28 Upvotes on 27 Posts
My guess is the float in the carb has become a sinker, remove it and shake to see if it is full of fuel or set it in a glass of water to see if it sinks. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-11-14, 09:40 AM
U
No , I don't think the float has become a sinker because it would be doing it all the time. I did take it apart , The brand new carb , just to see and it does float. Any other gusses ?????? Username 612

Old 11-11-14, 10:02 AM
G
Received 28 Upvotes on 27 Posts
The needle seat is not sealing properly to shut off the gas so the float height might need adjusted, I think it should be 9/64" when setting upside down. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-11-14, 02:11 PM
U
Ok Thanks , I'll give that a try username 612

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: