Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

transmatic transmission slipping

MO

12-01-14, 06:42 AM   #1  
transmatic transmission slipping

I have a mtd tractor model 13AM762F765. When I am operating it sometimes it acts like the transmission will slip and then grab forcefully. I noticed this is far worse when it is cold outside. Is this a linkage adjustment problem or low lube problem,(it doesn't seem to be leaking anything).My parts manual shows part #618-04034 for transmission. Any possibilities other than worn internal parts. I'm sure a new transmission would be very expensive. Thanks Stucky

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-01-14, 10:04 AM   #2  
What you described sounds a lot like the selector isn't selecting the gear well and it is out of gear technically for a second, then it snaps in and grabs. This is an internal issue if that's what happens. These are trouble prone transmissions and drive systems though, so you might want to see if a belt is slipping or a linkage is sticking. It could be the variator sticking back and suddenly becoming unstuck. This would be much cheaper and easier to fix.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread