Honda ES6500

Old 12-04-14, 05:02 PM
Honda ES6500

Ok so I have an older Honda ES6500 generator that is blowing oil from what I believe to be the crankcase vent on the side of the engine up the hose and into the air cleaner. When it is running the oil blow by is so bad that it creates a smoke screen to the point the machine is not usable. I have disconnected this tube and put it into a milk jug which has solved the running issue but I still need to get to the bottom of the blow by. I call it blow by because if the rings were bad this could occur but I am thinking that if the machine has a pcv system that this could do it also. Looking for any thoughts on this problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-14, 06:05 PM
Temporarily Suspended
What kind of fitting is at the crankcase end of the hose? It sounds like it's clogged.

Old 12-04-14, 06:54 PM
How many hours on the engine, was it ever run without an air cleaner and was the oil changed in accordance with Honda recommendations? It might indeed need a ring job.

Old 12-04-14, 09:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is the oil level overfull? Smell the oil, does it smell like gas?

Old 12-08-14, 05:27 PM
not sure about the hours, I was thinking worse case scenario would be the rings also. The hose connects to a rectangular box on the side of the block.

Old 12-08-14, 06:12 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Exactly what is that box? Remove the hose & see if there are signs of the hose or the box it self being clogged.