Craftsman Snowblower Question

Old 12-11-14, 10:31 AM
Craftsman Snowblower Question

Hi all,

First I want to say hi, and that this is my first post on these forums. I have been "trolling" them for awhile but now finally have reason to post here. I have just acquired a 8hp, 25" Craftsman snowblower from a friend of mine. It has been sitting for a couple of years and he said when he put it away it was not driving very well (assuming warn friction plate).

I do not have an overly mechanical background, but I have done my fair share of "tinkering" with small engines so I'm not completely ignorant to fixing these things.

I am planning on doing a carb clean, changing the oil, ensuring the spark plug is clean and properly gapped, changing the fuel filter and checking the condition of the friction plate rubber. (hopefully it is just a cable adjustment necessary for the drive issue).

The main reason I am posting is to ask whether or not anyone could point me in the direction for parts/part numbers for this unit? I have found the manual for this rig, but it only shows how to start and function the unit and not actual parts.

The model # is C950-52677
and serial # 332075(68)

If any more information is necessary let me know!

Thanks guys,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-14, 11:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums. Just "google" your model number and you will see sears parts site. They usually have exploded views and sometimes the manuals.

Old 12-11-14, 07:22 PM
Thank you for the reply goldstar, I should have mentioned I did try that...unfortunately it seems that every model except mine is present in their database. Unless one of them is the exact same as mine it would be a bit of a guessing game.

UPDATE: I worked on the machine tonight, changed the oil, cleaned the spark plug and gapped it (didn't need to put in the new one, it was getting a strong spark), gave the carb a quick clean, and put in some fresh gas. I dropped a small bit of gas in the cylinder and second pull it fired up. I went and PUSHED it through the snow and it threw snow like it should. Tires not turning at all...

So I took the bottom plate off and exposed the guts....first thing was a very large rats nest that basically consumed the entire void in the machine, and second I pulled out a broken drive belt. Tadaa! So now I'm just in search of the exact number for the drive belt. Labelled on the side of the belt is "Canadiana 00025". A google search didn't provide me with much. What is left of the belt measured about 35" and looks to be 3/8" thick. I took a string and put it around where the belt would go and measured 34" so I'm assuming between 34-36" in length.

Any help or if you know for sure what belt, it would save me buying a few and returning the ones that didn't fit!

Thanks!

Old 12-12-14, 04:06 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
See if this is it.
ENGINE Diagram & Parts List for Model C950520050 Craftsman-Parts Snow-removal-equipment-Parts | SearsPartsDirect
Murray made that blower.
That's not the way belts are measured.
If you go on any just about any belt manufactures web site (Gates is one of them) there's a formula using the diameter of the pulleys and the distance between the two pulleys to figure out what size belt you need.
Belts drive from the middle of the belt and should never even touch the bottom of the pulley where your measuring unless the pulley or belt is worn out.

Old 12-12-14, 06:23 AM
The engine looks very similar to mine, although my engine has a separate pully coming out specifically for the drive belt. There are two pullys side by side one for the auger and one for the drive.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-12-14, 10:50 AM
Current part number for your belt is 25MA 3/8 X 35.8

Old 12-12-14, 11:16 AM
Thanks aj-allen. Do you have a place to look up the part numbers for this machine? I would be interested in it for future repairs.

Thanks

Old 12-12-14, 11:19 AM
Long time dealer I have the micro fiche

Old 12-12-14, 11:54 AM
haha ok thanks! I just didn't want to keep pestering you if I was in need of a part number.

I appreciate the help, I'll grab the belt on my way home from work and I should be all set! The rubber on the friction plate actually looks to be in great condition so I think I will be in action once I install the belt

Search this Thread