how to fix a small hole in my pressure washer hose

Old 12-16-14, 05:52 PM
how to fix a small hole in my pressure washer hose

I cannot believe that no body has a youtube video on how to fix a hole.
I bought me a new 20" North Star surface cleaner last month it has the handle to cut water on them it tees off for wand on the other side... I lost that 10' hose I went and bought a 25' hose last week so I had a hose already and used it today.

But I had to take my 20" surface cleaner out of service.. I took this 25' hose of and put on my 7.5hp that I was using when go the hole in that hose

Anyway I want to fix the hose that sprang a leak in it TODAY...
I read put electric tape then duct tape then a hose clamp.. OK so far that seems like it.. There has to be a how to fix video out there

anybody got a good way to fix this hole with a small leak in it..
still can not belive no you tube on how to fix..
I know safe thing to do is buy a new hose which I did last week.
I just hate throwing this hose away. This troy blt is not a year old

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-14, 02:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know of any good way to repair a damaged pressure hose. Tape and clamp won't hold once you crank up the pressure washer.

Old 12-17-14, 03:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You can't fix pressure washer hoses. Pressure is too high. BTDT with mine. I even tried to use a repair coupling and hose clamps. Never found one clamp I now find myself buying shorter hoses with built on couplings. That way I can extend the hose for use, say up high or shorter for around the car or truck. In addition if I booger one up, It isn't so much to replace one section.

Old 12-17-14, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
I can't for the life of me remember the name, but what you described was standard procedure (sorta) for repairing battle damaged pipes in the Navy. Clamps on each side of the hole, then wrap heavy rubber gasket material around the hole, then slide the clamps over the material and tighten.

Temporary of course.

You can't fix a high pressure hose. You might try a hydraulics place, but that would cost more than new most likely

Old 12-17-14, 04:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There is a hydraulic hose shop in a nearby town and they weren't overly expensive at making custom sized hydraulic hoses for tractors although now that tractor supply sells ready made hoses for about the same price, I quit going there. I never thought about it before but they might be able to successfully cut off the bad section and install a new end on the remaining hose.

Old 12-17-14, 04:45 AM
Group Moderator
Fixing damage to keep your submarine from sinking is one thing. A pinhole leak in anything that measures pressure by the thousands can be a bit dangerous should you pass any bare skin close by the leak. You get to a point where that fine jet of water can cut or inject through your skin. Water is not as bad as a paint sprayer and getting paint injected into you but it's still pretty damaging to the flesh.

Old 12-17-14, 06:21 AM
Tks guys I did FIND A LOCKTIGHT tape and put on a clamp I will just try for chits and giggles to see.
I called my new 10" hose that I ordered it will be in the the 18th so I will put a cap on it so I can use that surface cleaner with my 4000psi tank.. I got a pretty big job going ALL THE CONCRETE every inch in my Mom's Nursing home Im about half done... This tape might work but I doubt it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_IUdR1kOOY

Old 12-18-14, 04:21 PM
NOPE did not hold busted right off when I started it, So that was like peeing in the wind...

Old 12-19-14, 05:05 AM
Group Moderator
Plugging a pinhole in a rigid water pipe at 60psi is one thing. A pinhole in a flexible line at 4'000 psi is a totally different matter.

--
I just searched online and some tapes do have specs for their strengths. High quality electrical tapes really don't have much strength, about 18psi. There are some self bonding patching tapes that are much stronger but the best I saw was a silicone one at 700psi but I assume that is it's ultimate strength and not it's working limit.