Craftsman Mower - Blade Replacement Assistance

Old 01-03-15, 04:57 PM
Craftsman Mower - Blade Replacement Assistance

I own a Craftsman 21" Self-Propelled Mower (Model No. 247.37683) and decided to finally sharpen the blade since I hadn't yet done it since purchasing my mower.

I followed the instructions with removing the blade, making a note of which side of the blade was facing down. Once I had removed the blade, I went ahead and tipped it back over on its wheels and at that point some additional pieces fell out. The pieces of concern were two circular metal pieces and one wave washer. I thought, no big deal I will just refer to the operating manual to figure out in what order they go back in once I put the blade back on. Well, when I went to find the parts in the manual, the only piece I see listed is the 63 - 734-04389 - Wave Washer".

I think I know in what order they should go, but with something like this I didn't want to go with what I thought so I was hoping someone could assist me in determining the order in which they need to go. Below, I have provided a picture of the three pieces in question (to the right part of the picture) along with a picture of how I think they should go (the wave washer in between the two rings) and lastly a link to the owners manual online.

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  39.5 KB

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  35.1 KB

Craftsman 247.37683 Assembly Operation Maintenance Manual (Page 25 of 68)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-15, 07:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, the way you have it laid out is fine.

Old 01-04-15, 05:21 AM
Excellent. Thank you. I appreciate the quick feedback.