Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh vector carb # 7

NY

01-07-15, 01:00 PM   #1  
Tecumseh vector carb # 7

After cleaning the carb & replacing some parts when I try to close it with the wire clamp it doesn't seem to seal properly with a gap between the plastic fuel bowl & the body. The plastic bowl does seem a little warped. Even when I just try to push it together with my hands it isn't easy to fit . Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

01-07-15, 04:29 PM   #2  
Make sure you have the bowl rotated to the correct orientation. The bottom on some has a high and low spot that must be correctly oriented so it doesn't hit the float.

NY

01-08-15, 08:44 AM   #3  
Thanks for the info, but it has pins so it will only line up one way. I have a new gasket also. It seems as though I can't compress the main nozzle tube enough, but it's the same spring,tube,etc. ???

Group Moderator

NC

01-08-15, 10:28 AM   #4  
Short of saying go through and make sure everything is assembled properly I don't know what to say. Here is a website that has good pictures showing the assembly.

NY

01-11-15, 09:27 AM   #5  
Link

Thanks for the link. I will take some pictures to post to better show my dilemma.

Search this Thread