Pressure washer need a diff wand with no pressure

Old 01-25-15, 06:07 PM
Pressure washer need a diff wand with no pressure

I got a 18hpt 250 tank I just bought.. I was called to do a roof I have not done a roof... I will not use the high pressure wand but need one like a hose with some pressure not like full blast.. Any body know what I need.
Do you know the solution of what to put on a roof.. I was told 1/3 bleach 1/3 water and 1/3 Oxyclean.. How many gallons does it take to clean a roof..
How many gallons do I mix up in my tank...
I know I got lots of questioms

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-15, 09:47 PM
Temporarily Suspended
The pressure is regulated by different tips used, on the hose & by the distance that you hold the tip from the roof. Red is the strongest tip. A green tip should be fine for most of it. There is also a scrub type machine used on a roof. I don't know the exact mixture that you need or how much of it. That could vary.

Old 01-26-15, 03:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
What type of roof is it? It's never a good idea to pressure wash a shingle roof! There should also be a knob on the PWer that will turn the pressure up/down and the father the tip is from the substrate the less pressure it receives BUT it's better not to pressure wash shingles!

Your cleaning solution mixture sounds good. The addition of a detergent will help the mixture cling to the roof and work longer. It's better to apply the cleaner multiple times and rinse with a garden hose than use a pressure washer.

Old 01-26-15, 08:44 AM
It is a shingle roof and will not use a pressure washer I will try the green tip to see what that does.
I was looking for a nozzle like hose to put on there they say 150psi is ok...
This fellow a Realtor I went to school he saw my card and called me if I do roofs.
I never done a roof yet but after looking I see there is a demand for that and easy way see a dirty black roof go see them..

Last edited by Shadeladie; 01-26-15 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Pic removed
Old 01-26-15, 08:56 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Seeing a roof being pressure washed was strange to me the first time I saw it. I was in Florida. As a NYer, washing a roof is stupid to me. Apparently, the gated community where I was living demanded it.