Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

B&S swap from tecomseh 13hp

CAL

04-10-15, 04:14 PM   #1  
B&S swap from tecomseh 13hp

I am replacing my Tecumseh 13hp with a B&S 13.5 both are electric start on a Yard Machine lawn tractor. Can someone help me with the wiring?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

04-11-15, 04:40 AM   #2  
I suppose someone could if you posed a question.

VT

04-11-15, 05:20 AM   #3  
I don't know if it's still true; but because MTD makes so many mowers under different labels . . . . including Yard Machine, MTD used to provide multiple wiring diagrams within the common Owners Manuals, so that you could identify the differences depending upon whether the Unit was equipped with a Tecumseh or Briggs Engine. Never much of a difference; but different nonetheless.

I suppose now they'd have to provide diagrams for Honda and Kohler et cetera; butthe same basic principles still apply.

CAL

04-12-15, 07:15 AM   #4  
Tucumseh B&S swap

How can I get an old Manuel

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-12-15, 09:58 AM   #5  
Look at the wires that connect to the carburetor solenoid and connect them to the new solenoid.
Find the wire that connects to the ignition coil and connect it to the ignition coil.
Same with the wires to the alternator and cable to the starter. The engines are generally similar as far as wiring goes.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CAL

04-13-15, 08:08 AM   #6  
Tecumseh B&S swap

Thank you everyone for you help. The B&S engine should be here this week and I'll see how it goes.

Search this Thread