Husqvarna 128LD String Trimmer

Old 04-12-15, 11:22 AM
Unhappy Husqvarna 128LD String Trimmer

Husqvarna
128LD
String Trimmer
Quit running while in use.
I was trimming around the yard when it sounded like it had a broke reed valve and quit running. After doing some checking, this unit does not have reed valves. It tries to start but will not stay running.. Found a small hole in air filter, melted hole. Also found a broken spark plug.
Thing I have done. 1. checked exhaust and cleaned the spark screen, 2. rebuilt the carburetor. 3. Ran compression test, 95psi. 4. Replaced spark plug. 5. disassembled output side of engine and check to see if the spacing on coil was correct and that no play in fan/flywheel. When pulling through to start, there is a pop back through the carburetor and exhaust. Starts up low speed and acts like it not getting fuel and or timing is off. I am lost.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-15, 05:02 PM
You might check the flywheel key alignment on the shaft for a timing problem. Usually something like a trimmer cushions against an abrupt stop to the engine, which is a common cause of flywheel key shearing. If the flywheel nut had gotten loose through vibration, etc, it's a possibility.

From what you have described the broken spark plug would have been the most likely to have caused the shutdown. The rest of it though, points to fuel/carburetor.

Old 04-13-15, 07:48 AM
The flywheel was the last thing I checked. Everything was where it was suppose to be.

Old 04-14-15, 05:53 AM
Trimmer

Check the fuel lines both outside the tank and inside the tank.