1999 Yamaha Golf Cart- gas

Old 04-22-15, 12:05 PM
1999 Yamaha Golf Cart- gas

I've got a 1999 Yamaha gas-powered golf cart. I am unsure as to the specifics of the model/engine type; I got it second-hand.

I put the cart away for the winter. Prior to putting it away, it ran plenty fine. I ran stabil through, pulled the battery and stored in area where rodents, etc. couldn't get it. I'm now in the process of dewinterizing. I charged and replaced the battery. Checked the spark plug. Turned key on, pushed the pedal, and nothing. I can here just a slight click in the compartment, but nothing. I've attempted to choke it, check the gas, etc., but to no avail. I know the battery is good, as I have hooked it up to another machine to check. Not sure what to check to get this back up and running.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-15, 04:08 PM
Group Moderator
Try tapping on the solenoid, maybe it's stuck because of it's lack of use. You can also bypass around it to see if it's the source of the problem. But, the battery and it's connections should remain suspect and would be where I look first.

How did you test the battery? You just said you hooked it to another machine. You can also take it to an auto parts store and have them check it under load.