Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Electrical diagram

OH

05-03-15, 11:36 AM   #1  
Electrical diagram

I need a wire diagram for a 2001 snapper hi vac with electric start 8.5 hp Briggs took apart and forgot to take pictures

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NJ

05-03-15, 12:33 PM   #2  
Electrical diagram

Welcome to the forums.

A model number would be extremely helpful to eliminate guessing on our part.

~ Pete ~

OH

05-03-15, 01:29 PM   #3  
Electrical diagram

I took my 2001 snapper hi vac apart and forgot to take pictures does anyone have a diagram or pictures very simple just can't make it work must be missing something

OH

05-03-15, 01:50 PM   #4  
Forgot it is a Briggs and Stratton engine

Group Moderator

NJ

05-03-15, 01:56 PM   #5  
I combined your two threads into one.

~ Pete ~

OH

05-03-15, 02:18 PM   #6  
I don't have the model number I am installing it on a different mower now it is not a lot of wires and has no safety switches I have all hooked up the way I think it goes but when I turn the key nothing goes has recoil but just wanted to add electric to make it easier for me as I get older

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

05-03-15, 03:18 PM   #7  
I am not sure I understand exactly what you have done or are doing. Reusing a briggs engine originally off of a Snapper? On anther Mower?
If you are trying to wire a briggs engine for electric start, you can see where to find the model type and code here

If you are installing it on a Snapper rear engine rider
Wipe the rear, horizontal area of the engine deck with a towel to reveal the model number sticker on a metal plate. Write down the entire number on the plate on a piece of paper with a pen. Model numbers are a mixture of numbers and letters and are 8 to 10 digits, depending on the model.
Snapper link
Either of those sites may also lead you to a manual or wiring diagram with a bit of digging.

Search this Thread