Weedeater FL1500 blower start recoil repair

Old 05-12-15, 04:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Weedeater FL1500 blower start recoil repair

I have a Weedeater blower FL1500. I pulled the cord & it worked right about 5 or 6 times. Then it started to catch. It would pull out about 3 or 4 inches then catch, pull 3 or 4 inches, then catch.... & so on.

What do I need to look for when I take this pull cord starter thingy off/apart? What do you think is broke or isn't catching in there?

I was advised to go to Jacks Small Engine website & look for a diagram. Hopefully, that will help me understand any info yall give me.

As always.... thanks in advance for any relevant input/advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-15, 05:21 PM
Blower

The recoil mechanism and the blower fan are on the same central shaft. There is probably some corrosion around the shaft which is binding the recoil mechanism. You will need to disassemble the housing cover and fan to get far enough into the unit to lubricate the shaft. Others will be along with more details.

Old 05-30-15, 09:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Update:
I finally decided to get out there & take a look at this thing. So, took it all apart & what I found was, the "starter pulley" neck was broken. For some who may not be familiar with this, the starter pulley is the little wheel or pulley that the pull/starter cord wraps around with the spring under it. This pulley has a little neck on it about 2" long that catches the shaft that turns the engine to start it. About 1/2 of the little neck was broken off.
That's why the cord would pull out about 2 or 3 inches & catch... pull out about 2 or 3 inches & catch...

No one here in Monroe, La carries parts for these Weedeater brand blowers anymore. So, a small engine guy told me to go to ereplacementparts.com & I could get the part there. The pulley was $7 & shipping was $7. So for $14 I'm getting a pulley.... oh & a screw comes with it

Hope this helps...