Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt Pony 42" cut Riding Mower Deck

KY

05-19-15, 12:47 PM   #1  
Troy Bilt Pony 42" cut Riding Mower Deck

I have a Troy Bilt Pony 42" riding mower model 13An77TG766 deck and would like to know if it (the deck) will fit on a Troy Bilt Pony 42" riding mower model 13AN779g766 mower. The only difference I can find is that the first mower has the rabbit/turtle lever to adjust the speed and the deck engage and height stick is on the fender; the second mower has a pedal drive and engage stick by the steering wheel. Just want to be pretty sure the deck on the first mower will fit on the second mower before I buy it. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

KS

05-19-15, 05:42 PM   #2  
I believe the deck itself is the same (those sure look like MTD numbers, did not realize MTD was now Troy Bilt)
I may require changing some hard ware on the deck to get the PTO to work, but the hangars should match up.

DECK/CHUTE 760-779 Diagram & Parts List for Model 13AN779G766 Troybilt-Parts Riding-Mower-Tractor-Parts | SearsPartsDirect

42" DECK Diagram & Parts List for Model 13AN77TG766 Troybilt-Parts Riding-Mower-Tractor-Parts | SearsPartsDirect

They do however list different part numbers for each model for the deck only...but again might just be hardware.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-19-15, 07:02 PM   #3  
The decks should physically interchange, as in the hangers should all attach and mount. The decks are subtly different, but I don't think there is any reason one won't work in place of the other, although I have not tried it to verify. Both have the same tensioner arm system and should require the same amount of pull from the PTO cable. The main difference is one has an extra idler pulley. The belt will need to be swapped as well because of the different pulley systems.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MI

05-26-15, 09:14 AM   #4  
I worked on the one with the PTO on the fender yesterday. As I recall some of the brackets are welded to the deck. You may have to bring the old deck to the new one and compare those areas where things are not easily removed. I would not buy it unless it is identical. Or you plan on fixing the newer one and use the other for parts.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-26-15, 10:23 AM   #5  
The welded attachment points are the same on these two decks, which is why I said they would fit in place of each other.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread