Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need help on correct carburator rebuild kit- Sears Craftsman leaf Blower -ZAMA

NM

06-09-15, 07:22 PM   #1  
Need help on correct carburator rebuild kit- Sears Craftsman leaf Blower -ZAMA

This is my first post and I had found an old thread about this type of fix and the forum suggested a new thread as it was very old. So hope you don't mind a new thread on this!

Sears Craftsman leaf Blower -Model 358.794960
From owners manual
ZAMA carburator C1Q-W11C

Haven't been able to find a rebuild kit for C1Q- W11-C, most are C1Q-w11G are these kits interchangeable?

The Blower operated last year and then quit starting, when I investigated the fuel line deteriorated and broke, so I replaced it and the carb is getting fuel. It won't crank using the start procedures. I have compression and it fired this past weekend and ran for about 4-5 minutes until ran out the tank of fuel. Has not started since. Still need to check the head cylinder and bolt, but seems if this was problem it would not have run for the 4-5 minutes.

So thinking the carb rebuild is necessary and am anxious to try as I have never done this before. I did take the carb apart and clean it and the diaphragm looked Ok but understand it could have problems not seen by eyes.

Also while checking the spark plug noticed a buildup of oil on the piston, so maybe have been running too high of oil mixture.

Any ideas or suggestions to get this running would be very appreciated.

Sponsored Links

CO

06-09-15, 09:25 PM   #2  
Rebuild kit is RB-47
Gasket kit is GND-18

NM

06-10-15, 03:51 AM   #3  
Thank You for the kit #. I will get both and try to do the rebuild. I have not done a rebuild before but am willing to attempt!

MO

06-10-15, 09:10 AM   #4  
If you get the rebuild kit it will contain the gaskets. Have a good one. Geo

NM

06-10-15, 12:06 PM   #5  
Thanks for the kit #

Ok, I will just get the RB-47 since it will have the head cylinder gaskets too.

Thanks for the help!

MO

06-10-15, 04:30 PM   #6  
Both of those kits listed are for the carb, one is just the diaphram and the other contains a lot of extra stuff. Have a goodone. Geo

Search this Thread