Snapper 250Z zero turn not moving an inch

Old 06-10-15, 08:42 PM
Snapper 250Z zero turn not moving an inch

Hi! I am Larsen, and I am new here. So, hello everyone!

Equipment:
Snapper 250Z 20hp zero turn mower

Problem:
Won't move when I push the levers - motor is running fine, mowing unite engages and disengages just fine. Locked and unlocked the Roll Release Rods just to make sure they're not part of the problem.

I was mowing my lawn and halfway through I made a break for dinner. When I came back the mower would start just fine but then not move an inch.

What I tried to solve the problem:
Locked/unlocked the Roll Release Rods. Checked underneath the chassie if there are any loose belts. Checked the brake gears if they are blocking. Moved the mower while the levers where in driving mode (engine turned off of course). Checked google if someone had a similar problem. Couldn't find some.

What I found:
The only thing I found was one nut was missing from a bolt that holds the left side of the mowing deck up. Replaced it. Can't imagine that that was part of the original problem.

So. What do I do now? Its odd that both transmissions stopped working at the same time - that might be a hint where the problem is.

Can someone help? Thanks in advance!

Larsen

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-15, 11:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The belt that runs the transmissions has almost certainly come off a pulley.

Old 06-11-15, 10:48 AM
Thanks

After scrutinizing more closely thats exactly what happened. Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated!

Old 09-02-15, 02:41 PM
Have same problem but it is only the Right side. Left is fine Any ideas?

was cutting fine and suddenly I could not move on the right side. Starts fine, blades engage, left is ok. Only the right. Guess not the belt like here since one side is working. Zero degree snapper.

Old 09-02-15, 05:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'd say the pulley on the transmission may have stripped or the bypass valve got pulled out (snagged?).