Husqvarna CTH 160 Ride on Mower - Will only turnover if PTO swich is engaged

Old 06-20-15, 02:28 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Husqvarna CTH 160 Ride on Mower - Will only turnover if PTO swich is engaged

Hi,

I have a bizarre problem, my Husqvarna Cth160 ride on mower will only turn over the engine if the PTO switch is engaged so that the starter motor turns the blades as well.

I have replaced the solenoid , PTO switch and starter motor. If I don't engage the PTO switch I get nothing. I can only think there must be a connection some where not working.

I have tested all the safety switches like the one on the seat and the 2 relays as well , I must have missed something.

Any ideas or suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

Old 06-20-15, 10:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Is there any chance the battery is installed backwards?

What happened prior to this? Was it working fine and then suddenly this?

Old 06-21-15, 01:23 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Yes it was cutting fine , then I stopped to answer a question form my wife and it would not start again ( turn Over the engine).....Maybe the lesson is not stop and answer questions from the wife :-) ..... Just joking ..... At first I thought its the starter motor but I tested it and it is fine.

I also replaced the batter and made sure the (-) negative goes to the body.
Last night I found the wiring diagram and the plan is this week to trace all the wires and make sure there is no break somewhere.

Its just so bizarre, oh and if I disconnect the wired from the switch on the blades it will not start even if the pto switch is engaged but as soon as I reconnect it will turn over with the pto switch engaged.

Thank you

Old 06-21-15, 09:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Yeah, I don't know of any component failure that could cause this. I think its almost certain to be some wires melted together or something along those lines.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: